Sunday, September 28, 2014

Evgenia at Macy's Glamorama

On September 12th, the Fashion Incubator designers in residence past and present were lucky to walk to the red carpet at Macy's Glamorama. Glamorama Fashion Rocks is a wonderful event which has raised over $44 million for charities that fight childhood illnesses, cancer and HIV/AIDS.

This year's event was quite special for a number of reasons - not only did it boast a red hot headliner (Jason Derulo), but it also featured a pretty amazing fashion show showing upcoming fall styles set to arrive at Macy's this season.


I was so delighted that the gorgeous Frances Tomei agreed to fly up from LA and model for me for the night. We didn't have time for a fitting beforehand, but luckily she fit my samples perfectly and was a complete rockstar the whole evening, turning heads everywhere she went. My pal John James of John James Designs crafted a beautiful-as-always floral headpiece for Frances' Glamorama outfit. Frances also donned a MoirĂ© Moto Jacket from local designer and pal J'Amy Tarr, making for a sexy, yet beautiful completed outfit.

Image by Beppe Sabatini

As for me, amazingly, I had a bit of extra time to sew up a dress for myself, so I took my Skull Deco Cami and turned it into a 1920's inspired frock. Check it out from sketch to conception here.

No comments:

Post a Comment