Saturday, August 3, 2013

Three 'Grams: Making it Official

I'm kicking off the weekend with a brand new feature (actually the only weekly feature) on the HCH blog: Three 'Grams. Instagram has become a huge part of sharing my creative process and I find myself posting tons of photos throughout the week. For those of you who aren't following me there, you can tune in right here to see my three favorite shots from that week. Enjoy!
* * *

Line illustration

I've hinted over the past few months that I would be changing things up here at the HCH atelier. And it's official: changes are underway. I'm now in the throes of sewing up samples for smalltime production. What does that mean? Big factories? Warehouses of fabric? Not quite.

It means that for the first time, I'll be buying fabric in (modest) quantity, grading all of my patterns and offering a set selection of pieces in a range of sizes and colors. Lace motifs will be duplicated for the first time - using the same lace from piece to piece. That means that when you visit HCH either online or in person in the future, you'll actually be able to buy your size made-to-order in whatever piece you like. Because this is a big scary step for me, initially the size range will be S - L, but it will broaden over time if things go as hoped and planned. As always, everything will still be made by my own two hands and I'll still be doing custom work, so if you don't fit into the S - L range, I've got you covered. And as if this all wasn't news enough, I'll be adding new products to the range in addition to adjusting the fits on all my patterns. Whew! So in addition to working on an official HCH collection, I'm officially a little overwhelmed, officially a little freaked out and yes, officially, excited.

Laces

My lookbook shoot is scheduled for early October, so I've got a nice chunk of time to work out all the kinks in my patterns and sewing. So far, though, so good.

First samples

No comments:

Post a Comment