Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Now on Etsy: Garters

I'm coming off a pretty crazy weekend. The bridal event I'd been working on with Firehouse 8 was a wonderful time which required a huge amount of preparation and thought. Needless to say, I was a caffeinated ball of energy last week, taking on a million tasks (not the least of which was adding garters to my repertoire). When I knew I would be selling at a wedding event, garters were a natural choice. I've had a bunch of people tell me they were disappointed by what's currently out there: mostly poly satin with scratchy lace in an icy hue of white (definitely not something that one would be inspired to hold onto or pass down through the generations). I decided to play around with the idea of making this little bridal detail feel special again.

I am now sitting on my Virgin America flight to Philadelphia. On-board wifi's been keeping me occupied with photo editing and store maintenance, so I can finally bring my newest handiwork to you! There are four garters listed, so make sure to check out the shop to see them all. In the meantime, I'll introduce you to Josie and Juliette:

Josie: Chantilly lace, silk satin ribbon, antique paste bauble, orange blossoms


Juliette: antique lace, velvet ribbon, antique paste buckle

As always, custom work is a delight to do, so if you have something specific in mind for your special day, send me a convo and I'll be glad to help out!

No comments:

Post a Comment