Saturday, June 30, 2012

Beachy Keen in Cape May

If you follow my adventures on Twitter, you know that I traveled to the East Coast on Tuesday to visit my family, attend a wedding and hit the beach. I don't much consider myself an outdoorsy girl, but if a trip to the beach is involved I'm always in. I grew up in Pennsylvania, so my summer vacations often consisted of spending lazy days on New Jersey's beaches. Lucky for me, I get to put my feet in the sand TWICE on this trip since my mom, sister and I decided to visit my mom's place in Cape May together before I head to a pal's house in Ocean City on Sunday.

All sorts of beachy prettiness, including my gogeous sister Kate.

A summer in Cape May is unlike any experience on the West Coast. The ocean is warm enough to swim in, the sun is scorching hot, the nights are balmy and everything there feels very old-world. Cape May is a town chock-full of gorgeous Victorian homes and tons of unadulterated history; Walking down any of its beautiful streets feels like visiting another time.

A walk through the streets of Cape May, dinner at The Lobster House, Miu Miu sandals.

I love coming home to the East Coast each summer, because true summer is what my San Francisco experience is missing. Yes, it's humid, yes, it's hot as all get-out, but being awoken by an early morning thunderstorm on the beach reminds me of what it was like to grow up in this lovely place.

A brewing storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment