Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Pretty Personal Project

I'm really lucky to live right near the Concourse Exhibition Center in San Francisco because when the Art Deco shows come around, it's a nice, short, 20-minute walk to my idea of heaven.

Deco The Halls was this weekend and I took an hour or so on my sunny Sunday to peruse the amazing selection of vintage clothing and furniture. It shouldn't come as a surprise that I latched mostly onto the clothing, and came out with this lovely (and shockingly inexpensive) Edwardian petticoat remnant.


I'd originally thought to make this into one of my Souvenir Tops, but then I realized it's been awhile since I sewed something up for yours truly. So this one's mine!


This piece is in superb condition (including the meticulous ribbonwork flowers), but the whole shebang is missing a waistband. It would make a gorgeous skirt, but even better? A dress! It's certainly long enough and with a simple lace yoke, it could make for one uber-feminine layering piece. I'm really excited to get started on this one, and even more excited to wear the finished product.

2 comments: