Saturday, June 8, 2013

Au Revoir, Europe!

I'm finally back in San Francisco after three weeks in Europe, a trip my husband and I had been waiting to take together since we graduated from college.

We spent the last few months planning our journey, one that saw us from Reykjavik, Iceland all the way to Barcelona, Spain. We spent all 21 nights in twelve separate, beautiful locations, each with its own specific charm, language and climate. (Let's just say I'm glad I packed both heavy duty galoshes and diaphanous dresses - we saw our share of both freezing rain and warm sunshine!)

What a wonderful adventure, and thankfully I was able to take some truly fantastic photos of our explorations - here are a few of my favorite Instagram shots, and there are plenty more here!

Thingvellir National Park - Iceland

Victoria & Albert Museum - London, England

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Antwerp, Belgium

Hotel le Clos Raymi - Epernay, France

Tuileries Garden, Louvre - Paris, France

Palais Garnier - Paris, France

Me in our Paris apartment

Amboise, France

Galerie des Glaces - Versailles, France

La Boite aux Huîtres - Bordeaux, France

Biarritz, France

San Sebastian, Spain

Basque countryside, Spain

Zaragoza, Spain

Casa Batlló - Barcelona, Spain

Though each city and town was special in its own way, I found myself really drawn to San Sebastian - a big surprise, since I thought Paris would be my favorite place out of all of them.

Where's your favorite place to travel?

No comments:

Post a Comment