Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Now on Etsy: The Darcy Deco Camisole

Peplums are literally everywhere this season. This year's Met Ball attendees proudly wore the pretty skirted detail, and even swimsuits are taking on the shape, with pieces by Marc by Marc Jacobs and Zinke being the most notable standouts.

I've had a peplum Deco Cami sketch tucked away in my notebook for awhile now, so with peplums all the rage, what better time to break it out? I played with the existing Deco Camisole pattern and added a little ruffle flounce at the waist, which adds a touch of kickiness and a whole lot of shape. Behold: the first iteration of my peplumed pretty, Darcy.


My itsy bitsy dress form doesn't do Darcy justice - she really needs to be worn to be believed! Check her out in the Etsy shop and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment