Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crimson and Clover

I really didn't have a choice when the lyrics to "Crimson and Clover" settled into my brain this afternoon. I'd been staring at a lovely vintage clover lace, and the rest was history. Though I'd love to say I kept replaying the original version in my head (by Tommy James and the Shondells), I'll admit that I was thinking more Jimmy Eat World. I'm hoping by posting both versions here that I can jettison my internal soundtrack into the universe.

Tommy Jones and the Shondells - Crimson and Clover


Jimmy Eat World - A Praise Chorus

Now for the inspiration behind the music choices: Carmen, Emmy, Millicent and Rubie! If you're feeling the red and green (crimson and clover), hop on over to the Honey Cooler Handmade shop. There's tons to choose from, and if you have your eye on anything, now's the time to snap it up, because Capsule is next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment