Friday, June 3, 2011

Fashion Love Affair: Alberta Ferretti Silk Apron Dress

I'm having a hard time keeping it together this morning.

Alberta Ferretti's gorgeous apron dress from Spring 2011 has been on The Outnet for awhile, and has just dropped from $2,540 to around $400 with a summer promotion that's going on right now. I could cry.



The entire shebang is made out of silk organza "ribbons", which are woven together to create a piece that is at once aesthetically gorgeous and totally useless. Someone shake some sense into me. Why am I coveting pieces that have no business out and about in the real world?


Oh, that's right. Because I don't inhabit the real world. I inhabit a fantasy world in which women wear silk organza aprons to the grocery store. Ok, I hope that sounded as silly to you as it did to me.

(A girl can still dream, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment