Friday, June 3, 2011

Fashion Love Affair: Paul and Joe Marine Dress

I dig the Rockabilly swallow-on-the-collarbone thing. Always have. Birds are so beautiful and I just love seeing them incorporated in apparel in just about any way possible.

So when in LA last week with my family, when I spotted this amazing Paul & Joe dress, I just had to try it. Lucky for me, it was positively gorgeous on. Unlucky for me, it was also $1000. The patient and earnest saleswoman offered me a discount, but honestly, it would take a substantial drop in price for me to even consider adding something this impractical to my closet.


I did manage to snap a photo of the amazing shoulder detail, which features exquisite rhinestone swallows. A decidedly novel approach to a very traditional motif. Yummy yummy! Kudos, Paul & Joe, for turning something oh-so-simple into something oh-so-sumptuous.


If you're got deeper pockets than I do, you can pick up this gorgeous specimen at StyleBop. Or you can just sit here and drool over photos of it like yours truly. Now, excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment