Friday, February 20, 2015

Sweet Nothings in Evgenia Lingerie

I'm finally coming down from all the crazy excitement of being in New York City for fashion week, but it's certainly hard to let go of the high. There's something really special about being in the US' most stylish city during the most stylish time of the year, and even a tiny San Francisco lingerie designer like myself walked away from the experience with tons of things to celebrate.

Of course, there were the expected victories: trunk shows, the NYFW runway show (more on that later), press events, etc. But there were also the amazing connections that were both forged and solidified during my stay, not the least of which was with Sweets of Sweet Nothings. If you've ever visited Sweets' blog, I don't have to tell you how incredibly gorgeous she is. Meet her in person, though, and it's a whole different ballgame. This lingerie blogger is not only physically beautiful (and commandingly tall!), but genuinely warm, friendly, charming and funny as hell. I spent some time with her during Underhaus' Completely Bare Market, where she was repping Harlow & Fox right alongside its lovely and visionary designer Leanna Williams. Leanna, Sweets, NYC lingerie designer (and equally chic and wonderful person) Angela Friedman spent much of our 3-day event in a summit of the mutual appreciation club. Chatting lingerie and fashion with these women was one of the big highlights of my trip back east.

Then Sweets came up with a great idea: why not shoot some of my pieces for her blog? How could I say no? And once I saw her in my Ribbon Corset and Deco Cami, both a perfect fit, we set a date and got down to it.



So, lucky me! While I was working the Fashion Incubator press event, photographer Lydia Hudgens took these gorgeous shots of Sweets, and there are tons more on the Sweet Nothings blog, so make sure to check them out. What's more, Sweets paired this set with the beautiful Celestial Truffle Cake pictured above which she made herself. She gave me an enormous slice of it after the shoot and I *may* have eaten the whole thing in one evening. It was that good! Her blog post has the full recipe along with the rest of these gorgeous pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment