Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Three 'Grams: Happiness Is...

What a month. Actually, what a last-few-months.

Working on developing my collection as a one-woman show has proven quite the task: fun, challenging, exhausting, exhilarating. My big official lookbook shoot was this past Sunday and I can say with no hesitation that it was a perfect marriage of talent once again. My photographer Antonette Streeter is literally my aesthetic soulmate and made the whole shoot an absolute dream. Stylist Dominique Guillen, hair and makeup artist Rebecca Taff, model Alexis Hutt and videographer Tim Prestoza made up a pretty exquisite team. As we began to sneak peeks of the photos and video in progress, each of us found ourselves shaking our heads in amazement. The initial raw images are so exciting that I was almost in tears when I first saw them - though that could also be a symptom of the inevitable emotional exhaustion that comes after a project of this magnitude!

In the week gearing up for the shoot, I made sure I had a bit of fun to temper the stress. A potluck and an afternoon full of drinks at my favorite watering hole ensured that the weekend would go smoothly. And smoothly it went. Take a peek at what made me happy this week - and while you're at it, hit up my Instagram page to see even more sneak peeks into Sunday's shoot. You won't be disappointed.

Potluck setup


Alexis is a neo-pinup at Sunday's shoot

Trick Dog's phenomenal cocktails remove all symptoms of stress,
especially when paired with girly pow-wow time.

No comments:

Post a Comment