Friday, September 21, 2012

Going for the Goal

What a month! In preparation for tomorrow's Something Sweet trunk show in Brooklyn, my goal for the past three weeks was to bang out 20 new pieces to bring to New York. When I announced my goal at the monthly Success Squad meeting I attend, reaching it felt impossible. Now, as I sit on my JFK-bound flight, I'm reflecting on just how much work I did over the past few weeks. Not only did I finish 20 new pieces to sell, but I also made two custom pieces, plus an additional 8 Private Eye Sleep Masks for a wholesale order at the 11th hour.

When I started my business, I thought of myself as someone who could never see a project through. This past year and a half has definitely changed that mindset, and I have to admit: it's refreshing to think of myself as someone who can get things done.


Above, the 20 new pieces I'll have with me in New York, most of which have already been listed on Etsy, should you feel the need to snap them up before the big night.

Hope to see you tomorrow night at the trunk show!

No comments:

Post a Comment