Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fashion Love Affair: Louche Lolita Dress by Boudoir Queen

My mind has been a fog for the past few weeks. My Something Sweet trunk show was a smashing success (photos and a re-cap to come), and the time spent prepping for it left me with so very much to finish before leaving my home base for two whole weeks.

Needless to say I didn't have a lot of free time this past month, but what small amount of free time I did manage to scrape up, I spent wandering Etsy and fashion blogs. It turns out that even though it's clothing that makes me insane (HCH), it's also clothing that calms me down. Who knew?

Behold my latest obsession: Boudoir Queen's Louche Lolita Dress.


The bow flourish is precious and the skirt is perky and feminine, but what really stuns me about this piece is the bodice and fabrication. The reworked 1930's foundation gives way to a gorgeous ruched neckline and delicate puffed sleeves. I'm not usually a big fan of daisies, but this lovely sheer embroidered netting caught me by surprise, especially because the ground fabric is black. Just gorgeous. If I could think of a place to wear this baby, I would start saving my pennies.

This dress doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of Boudoir Queen's amazing collection on Etsy. Well worth a check out if you're into original Deco-era vintage and re-worked antique pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment