Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Flapper Fashion at PFW, LFW, MFW | Autumn/Winter 2012

I couldn't help but swoon over New York Fashion Week's neo-flapper offerings for Fall 2012. Each covetable dress felt like the embodiment of la vraie garçonne, and I wanted each piece to miraculously land in my closet on the double. That being said, Paris, Milan and London Fashion Weeks' shows boasted something a little different different: diversity. Think impossibly feminine chiffon columns contrasted with heavy fabric gowns, angular cutaways, sheer chevrons and corseted leather (!) flapper dresses. Simply jaw-droppingly different.

I'm going to take a moment to set aside my vintage fashion purism and tip my hat to the anything-but-customary Europeans. Check out some of my favorite looks from London, Paris and Milan Fashion Weeks below and prepare to fall in love with Deco in a totally different way!

Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Pucci, Kenzo, John Galliano


Ghostly Flapper: Nina Ricci, John Galliano, Nina Ricci

No comments:

Post a Comment