Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Oh Deer!

With my upcoming photo shoot and fashion show, things have been hectic around here to say the least. My apartment now contains three taxidermy deer heads, a bunch of antlers and a giant goose, all bit players in Sunday's shoot. My workspace (and home) is an explosion of thread, fabric and general disarray. While planning looks, I laid all my pieces out in the living room and I swear, for a moment I felt like I was in the bordello at Four Deuces.



It's funny: on Sunday, I was a madwoman. A frantically sewing, panicked madwoman. Today, 9 of my 10 fittings are done and everything finally seems on-track; I feel wonderful. There is nothing so validating as seeing clothing you've made fitting beautifully on beautiful women. I've also realized that any crippling feelings of stress I've had over the past few weeks have been self-induced. Everything I've tackled so far has turned out to be more than manageable, and apprehension has at last transitioned into cautious delight.

I can't wait to share photos from my upcoming shoot and show with all of you - bear with me as the store remains on the quieter side for the next week. I'll be back to normal before long!

If you can, please join me as I show my pieces at RAW:Stimulus next Thursday. Ticket prices will go up on Sunday, so make sure you get them through me (and soon!) to score them for only $10 apiece. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment