Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Age of Deliciousness

In general, my taste in podcasts is pretty low-brow. I'm an easily amused individual who isn't as well-read or bookish as she ought to be, considering having two degrees (one in writing). But hey, my strong suit is design, not rocket science, so I won't let it get me down too much.

I will say, though, that I'm a huge fan of The History Chicks. Their podcasts cover a variety of female historical figures from Marie Antoinette to Helen Keller, covering the little tidbits about their lives that I love to hear. I covet details, and this podcast has them all. Last week I listened to an older episode I'd skipped over, which was a minicast covering Edith Wharton's The Age of Innocence and Scorcese's film adaptation of the novel. The podcast inspired me to re-watch the film, since the last time I'd seen it was sometime in middle school.

And what details there were! Just take a gander at all that film has to offer. I won't even go into the story - you'll just have to see it for yourself, but the costumes were downright delectable.






No comments:

Post a Comment